- Prior to the Soul War, Exarchs were the clsoest thing to a god’s representative on Alphai. Not exactly an Avatar, but more like a Most High Priest.
- Exarchs existed for both good and evil gods.
- Some of Bael Turath’s nobility became Exarchs. (Most of) these Exarchs were destroyed when the world invaded BT.
- During the Purge, the Exarchs lost contact with their gods.
- When magic started to return, some people began to have ‘memories’ of their past lives as Exarchs. These people eventually become Devas. The souls of these Exarchs have been born and reborn in different bodies since the purge. Now that magic is returning, these souls have awakened.
- Devas feel a connection to the Older Gods (the ones found in the PHB). There has not yet been a Deva connected to Zasavva.
- A small faction within the Cerulean Order considers Devas to be an abomination to their goddess.